Friday 12 December 2014

Exe 4.4: Menu Card


Brief:

For this exercise you are asked to provide an illustration for use on the menu of a sophisticated, quality fish restaurant – one in a chain sited in major European cities. The card will be reproduced at a menu that uses fresh ingredients and the ambience of the restaurant is modern, bright and contemporary in design.

In all honesty I left this exercise till the last minute and therefore wasn't completely convinced about the end result. 

I only managed to do a few sketches in my sketchbook and then tried to work on these on Pixelmator: 

  
 


These are some of the doodles/prep drawings that I did in my sketch book. Ultimately I adapted the tissue-paper 'mosaic' image to put together a final draft of the menu card. 
Final menu card: first draft

I decided to go for a black background to enable the yellow and blue to stand out but I'm not sure if this detracts from the 'freshness' of the ingredients or the sea that I usually think of in terms of whites and blues and turquoises...so this is a little different! I like the mosaic effect and decided on an italian fish restaurant (although couldn't come up with the actual menu! ;) lol) 

I like the mosaic itself and perhaps I need to try and make another on white to see if stands out too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment