Tuesday 18 June 2013

Exe 2.8: Subjective drawing...a work in progress

I struggled significantly with coming up with an idea for a subjective drawing and therefore decided to put in on hold and return to it so as not to get sucked into the black hole of inactivity! I will return! ; )


So I decided to do a collage of an empty popcorn packet. I decided on the word "Fractured" as an adjective to describe the inside of the packet . I then did a very brief moodboard with textures that I thought described this adjective visually and then created a collage of the popcorn packet. See scanned page from my paper logbook below:




The final image I created is seen in the bottom right hand corner of the scanned page above, underneath the preliminary pencil sketch.

I am not 100% sure that I answered the brief completely accurately. As mentioned I found this exercise a challenge but in the end enjoyed creating the collage with different pieces of tinfoil, silver wrapping paper, magazine cut-outs etc to make this slightly strange collage.








2 comments: